Spring 2016 Season Dates:
| January 1 - |
| Priority Registration - players who register during this time can request a specific coach or to play with a buddy. Please note that all requests may not be able to be accommodated. Fees are discounted. |
| February 16 || Regular Registration Continues - Team formation begins. Players who register during this time will be added to teams which have space available. Due to team limitations, coach or buddy requests are not taken but every attempt will be made to place the player on a team with others from their school or a geographically appropriate team.|
| March 22 || Rosters are finalized and players will begin to be notified of team placement. |
| April 9 || First game|
| April 23|| Picture Day|
| May 14 &21|| Spring tournament for grades 3 and up |
| May 21|| Last spring game|
All games for ALL leagues will be played on SATURDAYS.
STEPS TO JOINING:
1. Register and pay fees online.
2. Your registration will be processed and you will be added to a team.
3. You will be contacted by a coach after they receive rosters at their pre-season meeting.
- Team assignments are based on the date we receive your registration.
- Fall registration opens June 1 and Spring registration opens January 1.
- While attempts may be made to form school based teams, please be aware this is dependent upon the availability of a volunteer coach from your school and the number of players from your school who submit a registration.
- Teams rosters are limited to 12 for grades K-4 and 16 for grades 5 and above.
- Submitting a registration form does NOT guarantee placement on a specific team.
- Requests for specific team placement are allowed during priority registration but cannot be guaranteed. Requests may not be able to be accommodated after priority registration.
- Practices are not assigned by the club.
- Coaches of the individual teams determine their own practice days, times and location and these will be communicated to you by your coach. Please do not contact Kickers for practice schedules as we do not have information on when/where individual team practices.
- The club cannot assign players to teams based upon an individual's practice requirements.
- Once assignments are made, transfers to another team due to practice needs cannot be accommodated.
| Kindergarten|| Players must be 5 years old on or before September 15, 2015. This is a coed league.|
| 1st Grade|| This is a coed league.|
| 2nd Grade|| This is a coed league.|
| 3rd/4th Grade Girls|| This is a girls only league.|
| 3rd/4th Grade Boys|| While this is primarily a boys league, girls may register for this league.|
| 5th/6th Grade Girls|| This is a girls only league.|
| 5th/6th Grade Boys|| While this is primarily a boys league, girls may register for this league.|
| 7th/8th Grade Boys|| While this is primarily a boys league, girls may register for this league.|
| 7th-12th Grade Girls|| This is a girls only league.|
| 9th-12th Grade Boys|| This is a fall league only. |
Kickers does not offer a program for preschoolers. If you have a preschooler who is interested in playing soccer, please call the Iowa City Parks and Recreation Department at 356-5100 for more information.
REQUIRED PARENTAL WAIVER:
By clicking on the register now button below, I waive and release all employees, board members and anyone else involved in the program from any claim or liability in the event of injury. I give permission to the Iowa City Kickers to use photos or videos of my child for publicity or educational purposes. I confirm that I am 18 years of age or older. The player I will register is in good physical condition and is capable of undertaking a strenuous recreational program.
If you are applying for financial aid you must do registration by mail. On-line registration is available only for players paying with a credit card.
is available to all players who qualify. Send this financial aid request form by mail. Financial aid covers the cost of ONE season only and must be reapplied for EACH season. A $10 fee must accompany your financial aid request form each season. If you have received financial aid in the fall you must reapply in the spring. Players requesting financial aid cannot register on-line. Financial aid is not currently available for add-on programs like summer camp, winter indoor league, or the boys high school league.
- All kindergarten, first and second grade players are required to wear the Kickers red and white reversible shirt to all games. Shirts many be purchased at the concession stand for $15 prior to the first game. Cash or checks accepted.
- Players in grades 3 and above will receive a uniform package consisting of a jersey, shorts, and socks. Uniform packages will be distributed by your coach before the first game.
- All players are required to wear shin guards covered by socks at all practice and games. Soccer shoes are recommended but not required. Baseball toe cleats on shoes are not allowed. Mouth guards are recommended but not required at all levels of play.
Spring 2016 Fees:
| January 1 - February 15|| Players in grades K-2|| $50.00|
| January 1 - February 15|| Players in grades 3 & up who played the Fall 2015 season|| $50.00|
| January 1 - February 15|| Players in grades 3 & up who did not play the Fall 2015 season || $70.00|
| || || |
| February 16 and later|| Players in grades K-2|| $60.00|
| February 16 and later|| Players in grades 3 & up|| $80.00|