Fall 2019 Season Dates:
June 1 - July 15 Priority Registration - players who register during this time can request a coach or to play with a buddy. To be considered, buddies must register at the same time (within a day) and must request one another. Please note that all requests may not be able to be accommodated.
July 16 Regular Registration Continues - Team formation begins. Players who register during this time will be added to teams which have space available. ***DUE TO TEAM SIZE LIMITATIONS WE CANNOT ACCEPT COACH OR BUDDY REQUESTS AFTER JULY 15*** but every attempt will be made to place the player on a team with others from their school or a geographically appropriate team.
August 27 - Rosters are finalized and players may begin to be notified of team placement after 6:00pm.
September 7 - First games
September 21 - Picture Day
October 26 - Last games
All games for ALL leagues will be played on SATURDAYS.
STEPS TO JOINING:
1. Register and pay fees online.
2. Your registration will be processed and you will be added to a team.
3. You will be contacted by a coach after they receive rosters at their pre-season meeting.
- Team assignments are based on the date we receive your registration.
- Fall registration opens June 1 and Spring registration opens January 1.
- While attempts may be made to form school based teams, please be aware this is dependent upon the availability of a volunteer coach from your school and the number of players from your school who submit a registration.
- Teams rosters are limited to 12 for grades K-4 and 18 for grades 5 and above.
- Submitting a registration form does NOT guarantee placement on a specific team.
- Requests for specific team placement are allowed during priority registration but cannot be guaranteed. Requests may not be able to be accommodated after priority registration.
- Players must register for the league which corresponds to their current grade. The only exception to this rule is kindergarteners who want to play up to the first grade league or first graders who want to play up to the second grade league. No one is allowed to play down a league. Playing up to a double grade league is not allowed.
- Practices are not assigned by the club. Coaches cannot assign players.
- Coaches of the individual teams determine their own practice days, times and location and these will be communicated to you by your coach. Please do not contact Kickers for practice schedules as we do not have information on when/where individual team practices.
- The club cannot assign players to teams based upon an individual's practice requirements.
- Once assignments are made, transfers to another team due to practice needs cannot be accommodated.
- No refunds are issued due to weather related missed games or practices.
- If a registered play drops before the first game, a full refund will be given. No refunds will be issued once the first game of the season has been played.
- Players who sign up for a full year of soccer (fall into spring) receive the spring season at a heavily discounted price. If a player who has signed up for a full year of soccer decides to drop before the start of spring games and requests a refund, the refund for the spring portion of the yearly fees is $15.00
- If games are cancelled for weather related concerns, or other reasons beyond our control, Iowa City Kickers will not schedule makeup games.
LEAGUES AVAILABLE: PLEASE CHECK THE HOME PAGE FOR STATUS OF FALL TEAMS
Kindergarten Players must be 5 years old on or before September 15, 2019. This is a coed league.
1st Grade This is a coed league.
2nd Grade This is a coed league.
3rd/4th Grade Girls This is a girls only league.
3rd/4th Grade Boys While this is primarily a boys league, girls may register for this league.
5th/6th Grade Girls This is a girls only league.
5th/6th Grade Boys While this is primarily a boys league, girls may register for this league.
7th/8th Grade Boys While this is primarily a boys league, girls may register for this league.
7th-12th Grade Girls This is a girls only league.
REQUIRED PARENTAL WAIVER: By clicking on the register now button below, I waive and release all employees, board members and anyone else involved in the program from any claim or liability in the event of injury. I give permission to the Iowa City Kickers to use photos or videos of my child for publicity or educational purposes. I confirm that I am 18 years of age or older. The player I will register is in good physical condition and is capable of undertaking a strenuous recreational program. I am aware that soccer is played in varying weather conditions and that the club has a weather safety policy in place. I understand that it is ultimately my responsibility to decide whether or not my child will participate on any given day should I feel weather conditions are not ideal.
is available to all players who qualify. Financial aid covers the cost of ONE season only and must be reapplied for EACH season. Families who qualify for financial aid can register players for the reduced price of $20. If you have received financial aid in the fall you must reapply in the spring. Financial aid is not currently available for add-on programs like summer camp, winter indoor league, futsal, or parent-tot soccer.
Fall 2019 Fees:
June 1 - July 15 Players in grades K-2 for Fall 2019 ONLY - $50.00
June 1 - July 15 Players in grades K-2 for Fall 2019 AND Spring 2020 - $65.00
June 1 - July 15 Players in grades 3 and up for Fall 2019 ONLY- $70.00
June 1 - July 15 Players in grades 3 and up for Fall 2019 AND Spring 2020- $85.00
July 16 and later - Players in grades K-2 for Fall 2019 ONLY - $60.00
July 16 and later - Players in grades K-2 for Fall 2019 AND Spring 2020 - $75.00
July 16 and later - Players in grades 3 and up for Fall 2019 ONLY - $80.00
July 16 and later - Players in grades 3 and up for Fall 2019 AND Spring 2020 - $95.00
- All kindergarten, first and second grade players are required to wear the Kickers red and white reversible shirt to all games. Shirts many be purchased at the concession stand for $20 prior to the first game. Cash or checks accepted.
- Players in grades 3 and above will receive a uniform package consisting of a jersey, shorts, and socks. Uniform packages will be distributed by your coach before the first game.
- All players are required to wear shin guards covered by socks at all practice and games. Soccer shoes are recommended but not required. Baseball toe cleats on shoes are not allowed. Mouth guards are recommended but not required at all levels of play.