IOWA CITY KICKERS SOCCER CLUB
Welcome to the home of the Iowa City Kickers Soccer Club. Iowa City Kickers is open to boys and girls in grades kindergarten through 12th grade. Our geographical coverage includes Iowa City, Coralville, North Liberty and surrounding communities. Kickers consists of over 1,400 players and a host of volunteers, including parent and community volunteer coaches and board members.
Make a difference, be a coach....Coaching is an opportunity to instill positive values and help kids develop healthy skills that extend beyond the playing field. Coaches provide a safe, welcoming environment, teach basic skills, and promote sportsmanship and team work. We have opportunities at all age levels. Call 319-351-7927 for more information.
CHANGES TO THE SPRING 2021 SEASONAt this time, the changes made for the fall 2020 season (see below) will carry over to spring 2021. Should there be significant changes regarding the coronavirus pandemic, the spring program may be re-evaluated.
CHANGES TO THE FALL 2020 SEASONThe Kickers Board of Directors met on August 5 and have made the following changes for the fall season:
- Because of low enrollment, all teams at all age levels will be coed and all players will be randomized to teams.
- There will be no off site practices for any age levels during the week. A time block of 30 minutes will be added before each game time for grades 2 and up on Saturdays in order for teams to get together for some practice time. K/1 teams will have 20 minutes of practice time.
- Both the City of Iowa City and Johnson County currently have a mask mandate in place. While this remains in effect, all coaches, referees, players and spectators will need to wear masks while at the soccer park.
- Coaches will need to use the full length of the field in order to space players 6 feet apart while they are waiting to enter the playing field. Coaches should be sanitizing equipment before and after each Saturday game.
- Spectator groups will need to space themselves 6 feet apart 6 feet off the touch line to comply with social distancing rules.
- Water fountains will not be operational. Concessions will not be open. Team snacks should not be provided. Parents should plan accordingly with individual snacks and water bottles for their players.
We know many parents are still making decisions on what's best for their family in regards to returning to organized sports. Kickers has made these changes with player safety in mind.
UPCOMING KICKERS PROGRAMMING:
Due to ongoing Covid-19 concerns, indoor programs for winter 2021 will not be held.
Registration for spring 2021 starts on January 1, 2021
The Iowa City Kickers Soccer Park is a non-smoking environment. Please obey the posted no smoking signs.