IOWA CITY KICKERS SOCCER CLUB
Welcome to the home of the Iowa City Kickers Soccer Club. Iowa City Kickers is open to boys and girls in grades kindergarten through 12th grade. Our geographical coverage includes Iowa City, Coralville, North Liberty and surrounding communities. Kickers consists of over 1,400 players and a host of volunteers, including parent and community volunteer coaches and board members.
Make a difference, be a coach....Coaching is an opportunity to instill positive values and help kids develop healthy skills that extend beyond the playing field. Coaches provide a safe, welcoming environment, teach basic skills, and promote sportsmanship and team work. We have opportunities at all age levels. Call 319-351-7927 for more information.
SEPTEMBER 16 UPDATE:The City has been monitoring the COVID situation in Johnson County and it appears to be improving. With the recent downtrend in cases, the City opted at 10 AM this morning to reopen sports fields for play. The Kickers fields are currently being attended to by staff and painted. They will be ready to go for games this Saturday.
SEPTEMBER 10 UPDATE:
- ICPR will hold on opening athletic facilities, including swimming pool, until at least Saturday, September 19, 2020. The COVID case numbers in our county are looking better, but there are a number of questions about the accuracy of data from the last 3 days due to the Labor Day weekend. They will watch the COVID case numbers and trends until next Wednesday to make a decision for dates of September 19 and beyond.
- Team assignments and schedules were emailed to families today. Please contact us if you did not receive one.
SEPTEMBER 1 UPDATE:Latest update on field availability from Iowa City Parks & Rec
We are still looking to follow what ICCSD decides to do. If ICCSD suspends sports on September 8 (and is confirmed after their meeting this week), we also will stop all uses of our athletic fields and sports facilities. If the school district permits sports to continue, we also will allow use of the fields provided that social distancing, disinfecting of equipment and masks are used when not on the field of play. Each organization will be required to enforce these measures and if they fail to do so, discontinued use of the facilities will be a measure we would need to enact.
AUGUST 28 UPDATE:Iowa City Parks & Recreation will be making a decision soon on whether or not they will close the soccer complex to organized sports. Kickers families will be updated as soon as more information is available.
AUGUST 6: CHANGES TO THE FALL 2020 SEASONThe Kickers Board of Directors met on August 5 and have made the following changes for the fall season:
- Because of low enrollment, all teams at all age levels will be coed and all players will be randomized to teams.
- There will be no off site practices for any age levels during the week. A time block of 30 minutes will be added before each game time for grades 2 and up on Saturdays in order for teams to get together for some practice time. K/1 teams will have 20 minutes of practice time.
- Both the City of Iowa City and Johnson County currently have a mask mandate in place. While this remains in effect, all coaches, referees, players and spectators will need to wear masks while at the soccer park.
- Coaches will need to use the full length of the field in order to space players 6 feet apart while they are waiting to enter the playing field. Coaches should be sanitizing equipment before and after each Saturday game.
- Spectator groups will need to space themselves 6 feet apart 6 feet off the touch line to comply with social distancing rules.
- Water fountains will not be operational. Concessions will not be open. Team snacks should not be provided. Parents should plan accordingly with individual snacks and water bottles for their players.
We know many parents are still making decisions on what's best for their family in regards to returning to organized sports. Kickers has made these changes with player safety in mind. We will keep our fall registration open as long as possible to accommodate those still deciding. August 31 will be the last day to register or to drop and still receive a refund.
The Iowa City Kickers Soccer Park is a non-smoking environment. Please obey the posted no smoking signs.