Team cannot add commercial sponsor logos to their jersey. Any other modification to the jersey must be approved by the executive committee of the board of directors.
policy adopted 10/5/2016
If games are canceled for weather related concerns, or other reasons beyond our control Iowa City Kickers will not schedule makeup games nor offer refunds for games missed.
policy adopted 6/6/2018
Parent Codes of Conduct:
As an Iowa City Kickers Soccer Parent, we ask that you conduct yourself in a manner outlined by the following Code of Conduct:
- Focus on praise and encouragement rather than on criticism and negative comments.
- Applaud good play, regardless of team. Nothing is better than seeing a child smile from recognition. Encourage fair play and good sportsmanship.
- Remember that every player on the team is a contributing player. Soccer is a team sport; without each player, there is no team. Acknowledge that players are at various levels in this sport and will make mistakes, possibly at critical times, in competition. Be patient and supportive through these times.
- Attempt to reduce the pressure of competition, not increase it. A child is easily affected by outside influences. Parents should remember this is a “learning experience” for players and support this experience.
- Be kind and respectful to our coaches. Parents need to support the coach and his/her decisions and refrain from verbal criticism. If a parent has questions about their child’s playing time or an issue stemming from a game or practices, we ask that you discuss this directly with your child’s coach.
- Do not publicly question the referee’s judgment. Please remember, many of these referees are young adults learning how to referee the game, so please treat them with respect. Never enter the field to speak with a referee. Speak to your coach or a club official at another time if you have a concern.
- Keep in mind that coaching is not an exact science and that all coaches come to us with varying levels of experience. However, we expect that every volunteer coach acts with the best intentions and with the best interest of each and every player. You may not agree with every decision they make, but please respect that decision.
- No parent is to coach or attempt to coach their child (or any other players) during practices and/or games. The players need to concentrate on the game and listen to their coach.
- Encourage your child to be a good sport in victory and in defeat. Many times a player will not remember the results of a game an hour later but they will remember how they felt because of their own (and your) actions.
- Only sit in designated areas around the field. The only acceptable area is the sideline on the opposite side of the field from the coaches and players. Sitting along either end line or with the coaches and players is not allowed. This is for your own safety and the safety of the players and referees.
- Treat other fans, coaches, players, and officials with respect.
- Drinking, smoking, and foul language are not allowed around the fields during games or practices.
We believe we have the best fans around! But we must remind everyone that Iowa City Kickers will not tolerate behavior which brings the Club, our teams, or the game itself into disrepute. Violations of the Code of Conduct are taken seriously and could result in removal from the fields and/or further sanctions at the discretion of the Board of Directors of Iowa City Kickers.
PLAYER CODE OF CONDUCT
- I will play for fun and enjoyment of the game.
- I will work hard, to the best of my abilities, to improve my soccer skills. This involves being involved, attentive and following directions from my coach.
- I will be a team player, get along with and cooperate with my coaches and teammates.
- I will refrain from bullying any of my teammates before, during, or after practices or games.
- I will show respect to my coaches, teammates, parents, opponents, and referees.
- I will not argue with the referee.
- I will not use any profanity at practices or during games.
- I will not, under any circumstances, participate in physical violence or threats of physical violence before, during or after any game or practice.
- I will not use alcohol or illegal drugs.
- I will obey the laws of the game and play within the spirit of those laws.
- I will treat all facilities with respect. I will pick up any trash left over after practices and games.
Any violations of the player’s code of conduct at games or practices may result in a verbal warning. Repeated violations could result in one or multiple game suspensions or may escalate into expulsion from the Iowa City Kickers Soccer Club at the discretion of the Kickers Board of Directors. No refunds will be issued if a player is asked to leave the club.
*Some parts of the codes of ethics have been adapted from the Fort Wayne United Futbol Club
policy adopted 12/5/2018
REQUESTS FOR TEAM ASSIGNMENTS:
Starting with the spring 2020 season, parent requests for specific coaches will no longer be accepted and buddy requests can no longer be accommodated. This policy is made necessary due to the overwhelmingly large amount of requests made and to try to achieve parity in team roster numbers.
policy adopted 9/4/2019