Fall/Spring Leagues 2023/2024
Fall registration ended on August 18. Spring 2024 registration will open on January 15, 2024
- June 15, 2023 - July 14, 2023 early registration starts
- July 15, 2023 - standard registration starts
- August 18, 2023 - fall registration closes
- August 29, 2023 - teams and schedules are finalized, coaches can pick up equipment and begin contacting teams
- September 9, 2023 - fall games begin (Games are held every Saturday)
- Last games are 10/28
- January 15 - February 14, 2024 Early Spring Registration
- February 15 - standard registration starts
- March 29, 2024 - spring registration closes
- April 9, 2024 - team notifications and schedules are finalized and coaches begin contacting teams
- April 20, 2024 - spring games begin (Games are held every Saturday)
- May 4 - Picture Day
- May 25, 2024 - Memorial Day weekend - no games or events
- June 1 & June 8, 2024 are tournament days for teams in grades 3 and up
- June 1 & June 8, 2024 are regular game days for grades K -2
- Season ends on June 8, 2024 for all age levels
- Grades K-2 $75
- Grades 3 and up $95
- An early registration discount of $15 will be applied if fall registration is completed by July 14 or spring registration by February 14.
- A multi-season discount will be automatically received at checkout if both fall 2023 and spring 2024 are chosen at the same time which will result in adding on the spring season for only an additional $15 more. This multi season discount is only available in the fall.
Financial aid is available for families who qualify for assistance. Submit this form and receive a decision on eligibility by email. If you qualify for assistance you will receive a discount code to use when registering.
Refunds for the fall season must be requested by Friday, September 1If players registered for the full soccer year and played in the fall but want a refund for the spring, the multi-season discount will be voided and the refund will be $15.
Team Formation for fall 2023/spring 2024:Coach or buddy request are no longer accepted via the registration form, by phone, or by email. Every reasonable attempt will be made to form a school/neighborhood team in the fall. The earlier you register, the better the chance your players(s) will be on a team with others from their school. Every school does not have a volunteer coach so schools may be combined.
Team Formation for fall 2023/spring 2024:
The number of teams, thus the number of players we can accept, will be dependent on the number of volunteers willing to coach. We cannot form a team without a volunteer coach. Registration may be closed sooner than the deadline date if teams are full and no other volunteers are available.
Spring teams will then be filled based on the date you complete your registration. Because most players register for the full soccer year (fall '23/spring '24), spots on established teams from the fall are very limited. Most spring only players will be assigned to new teams. View additional registration policies here.
Teams will be formed in these divisions:Coed: Girls*: Boys:
Kindergarten*** 3rd/4th Grade 3rd/4th GradeFirst Grade 5th/6th Grade 5th/6th Grade
Second Grade 7th/10th Grade** 7th/8th Grade
High School (9th-12th grade)**
*Girls have the extra option to register for any boys division leagues** These program will be 7v7 or 11v11 depending on overall participation numbers. These are scrimmage leagues only not individual teams.*** Players must have turned 5 on or before September 15, 2023 in order to participate in the kindergarten league
ICCSD changes for the 2022/2023 school year that may affect Kickers:The Iowa City Community School district will be adding soccer as a junior high school sport starting with the Fall 2022/2023 school year. Junior highs will offer boys soccer in the spring and girls soccer in the fall. Kickers applauds this decision to add soccer as a school sport. At this time, we do not know how this will affect future Kickers programming. The current plan is for Kickers to continue to offer a boys 7/8. Due to declining numbers, girls in grades 7-10 will no longer have a traditional league with individual teams. There is an opportunity to play in a scrimmage league where players can come and be assigned to rotating groups each week. Games will be 7v7 or 11v11 depending on participation.
ICCSD changes for the 2022/2023 school year that may affect Kickers:
- All kindergarten, first and second grade players are required to wear the Kickers red and white reversible shirt to all games. Shirts many be purchased at the concession stand for $20 prior to the first game. This shirt can be worn for 3 years when purchased in kindergarten. Cash or checks accepted.
- Players in grades 3 and above will receive a uniform jersey. Black shorts and black socks are recommended. Jerseys will be distributed by the coach at the first practice.
- All players are required to wear shin guards covered by socks at all practice and games. Soccer shoes are recommended but not required. Baseball toe cleats on shoes are not allowed. Mouth guards are recommended but not required at all levels of play.
- All kindergarten, first and second grade teams will have a 30 minute practice combined with their games on Saturdays. Times listed on the schedule will be the time that practice begins, the game will immediately follow.
- All teams in grades 3 and up will have a mid-week practice in addition to games on Saturdays. Volunteer coaches of each team will schedule the team's practice days/times/locations based upon their availability. They will contact you approximately a week and a half before the season start date with information on practices. We are not able to assign players or move players to a different team based on a practice day preference.
- Leagues which are scrimmage leagues will not have practices.