Enhancements to the kindergarten/first grade program. In an effort to make instruction for the K-1 program more meaningful, there will be no more midweek practices for this age group. Weekly lesson plans are being developed by Kickers and each team will have a Kickers assisted practice before their scheduled game each Saturday morning. We hope these fun practices sessions will allow for a more uniform approach to learning, help new coaches, and keep our youngest players interested in the game of soccer.
Spring 2021 Season Dates:
Spring 2021 Season Dates:
- January 1 - February 15: Early Registration - players who register during this time period automatically receive a $10 registration discount.
- February 16: Regular Registration Continues - Team formation begins.
- March 23 - Rosters are finalized and players will begin to be notified of team placement
- April 3: First games
- May 15: Final games
- All games for ALL leagues will be played on SATURDAYS.
- Register and pay fees online.
- Your registration will be processed and you will be added to a team.
- You will be contacted by a coach after they receive rosters on March 23
- While we try to place everyone who registers on a team, we often do not have enough volunteer coaches for everyone who wants to play. Regretfully, we sometimes need to refund registrations if there are not enough volunteers for the program.
- Team assignments are based on the date we receive your registration.
- Fall registration opens June 1 and Spring registration opens January 1.
- Teams rosters are limited to 12 for grades K-4 and 18 for grades 5 and above.
- Submitting a registration form does NOT guarantee placement on a specific team.
- Requests for specific team placement will no longer be accepted. Every attempt will be made to place your child on a team with others from their school. Most teams will be comprised of players who attend different schools in a close geographical area.
- Players must register for the league which corresponds to their current grade. The only exception to this rule is kindergarteners who want to play up to the first grade league or first graders who want to play up to the second grade league. No one is allowed to play down a league. Playing up to a double grade league is not allowed.
- Practices are not assigned by the club. Coaches cannot assign players.
- Coaches of the individual teams determine their own practice days, times and location and these will be communicated to you by your coach. Please do not contact Kickers for practice schedules as we do not have information on when/where individual team practices.
- The club cannot assign players to teams based upon an individual's practice requirements.
- Once assignments are made, transfers to another team due to practice needs cannot be accommodated.
- No refunds are issued due to weather related missed games or practices.
- If a registered play drops before the first game, a full refund will be given. No refunds will be issued once the first game of the season has been played.
- Players who sign up for a full year of soccer (fall into spring) receive the spring season at a heavily discounted price. If a player who has signed up for a full year of soccer decides to drop before the start of spring games and requests a refund, the refund for the spring portion of the yearly fees is $15.00
- If games are cancelled for weather related concerns, or other reasons beyond our control, Iowa City Kickers will not schedule makeup games.
Leagues for spring 2021:
Leagues for spring 2021:
- Coed Kindergarten/1st Grade
- Coed 2nd Grade
- Coed 3rd/4th Grade
- Coed 5th/6th Grade
- Combined Boys 7th/8th & Girls 7th-12th Grade
FinancialAid: is available to all players who qualify. Financial aid covers the cost of ONE season only and must be reapplied for EACH season. Families who qualify for financial aid can register players for the reduced price of $20. If you have received financial aid in the fall you must reapply in the spring. Financial aid is not currently available for add-on programs like summer camp, winter indoor league, futsal, or parent-tot soccer.
Costs: EARLY REGISTRATION: January 1 - February 15 (all fees are reduced by $10)
- $50 - Spring season for players in grades K-2
- $50 - Spring season for players in grades 3 and up who played during Fall 2020 and wish to return to the same team (will need to use their uniform from Fall 2020)
- $70 - Spring season for players in grades 3 and up who did not play during Fall 2020 (fee includes a uniform)
- $60 - Spring for players in grades K-2
- $80 - Spring for players in grades 3 and up
- All kindergarten, first and second grade players are required to wear the Kickers red and white reversible shirt to all games. Shirts many be purchased at the concession stand for $20 prior to the first game. This shirt can be worn for 3 years. Cash or checks accepted.
- Players in grades 3 and above will receive a uniform package consisting of a jersey, shorts, and socks. Uniform packages will be distributed by your coach before the first game.
- All players are required to wear shin guards covered by socks at all practice and games. Soccer shoes are recommended but not required. Baseball toe cleats on shoes are not allowed. Mouth guards are recommended but not required at all levels of play.